Most months, our guild has a class or event in the afternoon after the guild meetings. The guild meets once a month on the third Saturday of the month at the Centerpoint Church in Pagosa near Walmart on Cornerstone Dr. The classes and events are also held in the church.
Below are the classes planned for 2021. Our calendar can change so be sure to check often to see if something has changed or a class has been added.
Classes are $10 for members per class and $20 for non-members per class. You can sign up for a class at the meetings in the months leading up to the class or you can email Susan Clark email@example.com and make arrangements to pay for the class. Most events other than classes are free!
If you are unable to attend class for any reason, you may sell your spot to another member, however, if that’s not possible, you will forfeit your class fee. We will not be issuing credits for classes that are missed. Any class materials or website links given out during the class will be emailed to all paid participants even if you did not attend the class.
If you have ideas or suggestions for classes or activities for next year or questions about programs for this year, please contact Sherry Scarapulla firstname.lastname@example.org. Supply lists will be posted below as they become available.
Keep scrolling down below the class list for more program related information!
2021 CLASSES & EVENTS
2021 CLASS & DEMO SCHEDULE
|MARCH||Open Sew||Hand Quilting||Judy Jordan|
|APRIL||Open Sew with Demo||Judy Jordan - Hand quilting demo with whoever signed up with Judy.||Doily Quilt||Maxine Everaert|
|Cathy Duggan||1/4" Sashing||Ida Theys|
String Quilt Supply List
|Pam & Annie Thompson||Bonded Fabric||Jeanie Lemmo|
|JULY||Challenge Quilt Judging - Bring a lunch and if you like, something to share. Drinks provided by the guild.|
|AUGUST||Day 1: Fabric Painting - Aug 20th (Friday)|
Fabric Painting Class Supply List
Day 2: Thread Texturing - Aug 21st (Saturday)
|Quilt As You Go||Ida Theys Delani Smith|
|SEPTEMBER||Machine Quilting |
$10/person plus $12 kit
Machine Quilting Supply List
Bring a lunch to class as it will start right after the meeting. Also bring your $12 for your kit.
|Barb Morgan (Durango)||Christmas tree made with fabric covered towel rolls||Maxine Everaert|
|OCTOBER||Christmas Felt Candle Mat|
Ida will be providing a kit to complete the mat for $5.
|Ida Theys||Casserole Cozy||Laura Lunsford|
|NOVEMBER||Pin Cushion using Accuquilt|
Accuquilt Pin Cushion Supply List
|Candace Door||Converting Snowball Corners into Quarter Square Triangles for Borders||Ida Theys|
|DECEMBER||Year End Party|
|* Please contact Sherry Scarpulla 970-731-1844 if:
1. You have any ideas for next year.
2. You would like to demo something during a meeting.
3. You would like to demo something during the April "Open Sew".
4. If you didn't sign up with Judy, or can't make the April demo, let us know. Judy is willing to host a small class at her home.
Quite a few members signed up to be a “sister” for the year and gift a fellow guild member with little fun items throughout the year. New participants were accepted thru the February guild meeting. Carla Hellwege is your contact for this program.
Challenge Quilt Competition 2021 – Congratulations to Susan Smith, Jeanie Lemmo, and Candace Door for winning this year’s Challenge Quilt Contest!
Challenge Quilt Contest 2022
The Challenge Quilt for 2022 is a really great way to expand your thinking. It is a Magazine Challenge where you grab a magazine, turn to page 22, and use what is on the page for inspiration. It could be the colors, it could be an image on the page, and/or it could be the idea presented with the words. If page 22 of one magazine isn’t working, then grab another magazine. Once you have found your page 22, create a quilt out of your inspiration.
Here are the rules:
- The quilt can be any size from small wall hanging to king size quilt. It must be finished and bound with your best workmanship possible. Make sure all your loose threads are cut, guide marks are gone, and the pet hair brushed off to the best of your ability.
- You can base your quilt on something you see on page 22 of your magazine. You will include that magazine page when you turn in your quilt for judging.
- Judging will be based on how well your quilt reflects the page 22 you turn in as well as your workmanship and creativity.
- Quilts will be turned in at the beginning of July for judging at the July 2022 guild meeting. The submission date will be determined closer to the deadline.
- You do not have to be at the July 2021 meeting to participate in the challenge. Just make sure you have your entry turned in by the submission date.
You can also make arrangements with Laura directly to turn in your quilt prior to July 2022. Contact Laura at LUNSFORD303@gmail.com or 970-398-1183.