Most months, our guild has a class or event in the afternoon after the guild meetings. The guild meets once a month on the third Saturday of the month at the Centerpoint Church in Pagosa near Walmart on Cornerstone Dr. The classes and events are also held in the church.
Below are the classes planned for 2021. Our calendar can change so be sure to check often to see if something has changed or a class has been added.
Classes are $10 for members per class and $20 for non-members per class. You can sign up for a class at the meetings in the months leading up to the class or you can email Susan Clark email@example.com and make arrangements to pay for the class. Most events other than classes are free!
If you are unable to attend class for any reason, you may sell your spot to another member, however, if that’s not possible, you will forfeit your class fee. We will not be issuing credits for classes that are missed. Any class materials or website links given out during the class will be emailed to all paid participants even if you did not attend the class.
If you have ideas or suggestions for classes or activities for next year or questions about programs for this year, please contact Sherry Scarapulla firstname.lastname@example.org. Supply lists will be posted below as they become available.
Keep scrolling down below the class list for more program related information!
2022 CLASSES & EVENTS
*** WE NEED DEMOS ***
– If anyone would like to do a short demo during one of our meetings, please contact me. Let me know what you want to demo and which month.
– If anyone has ideas for classes for next year, please contact me.
Sherry Scarpulla: 970-731-1844, 925-917-0075, email@example.com
|January 22||OPEN SEW|
|February 19||Curved Piecing||Janet Kubelka|
|March 19||Embroidery & Pencil Coloring||Wanda Duffin||Seminole Patchwork||Susan Smith|
|April 23||Bargello||Cathy Duggan|
|May 21||Machine Quilting 2||Barb Morgan (Durango)|
|June 18||Reusable Tote||Lisa Price||UFO Challenge due|
|July 16||Challenge Quilt & Potluck|
|August 19, Friday||Full day workshop $20/members $30/non-members||Jenny Kae Parks (Denver)|
|August 20, Saturday||Lecture||Jenny Kae Parks (Denver)|
|September 17||OPEN SEW|
|November 19||Cathedral Windows||Candace Door|
|December 17||Christmas Party|
Quite a few members signed up to be a “sister” for the year and gift a fellow guild member with little fun items throughout the year. New participants were accepted thru the February guild meeting. Carla Hellwege is your contact for this program.
Brown Bag Program
Join the Brown Baggers 2022. Let your fellow quilters help you finish a quilt this year. Decide on your block or blocks (not too hard please) and your fabrics. Bring a brown bag with your pattern, instructions and fabric to the January meeting. We will pass the bags around and by the end of the year you should have the beginnings of a great quilt. We have 9 quilters now but would love more to participate. For more information contact Delani Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants brought a UFO (Unfinished Object) to the January 2022 Meeting and pledge to finish it by the June 2022 meeting. Each quilter had her picture taken with the project. During the June Meeting those who signed up will bring the completed project for a special Show-and-Tell session and prizes will be awarded for those who finish.
Challenge Quilt Contest 2022
The Challenge Quilt for 2022 is a really great way to expand your thinking. It is a Magazine Challenge where you grab a magazine, turn to page 22, and use what is on the page for inspiration. It could be the colors, it could be an image on the page, and/or it could be the idea presented with the words. If page 22 of one magazine isn’t working, then grab another magazine. Once you have found your page 22, create a quilt out of your inspiration.
Here are the rules:
- The quilt can be any size from small wall hanging to king size quilt. It must be finished and bound with your best workmanship possible. Make sure all your loose threads are cut, guide marks are gone, and the pet hair brushed off to the best of your ability.
- You can base your quilt on something you see on page 22 of your magazine. You will include that magazine page when you turn in your quilt for judging.
- Judging will be based on how well your quilt reflects the page 22 you turn in as well as your workmanship and creativity.
- Quilts will be turned in at the beginning of July for judging at the July 2022 guild meeting. The submission date will be determined closer to the deadline.
- You do not have to be at the July 2021 meeting to participate in the challenge. Just make sure you have your entry turned in by the submission date.
You can also make arrangements with Laura directly to turn in your quilt prior to July 2022. Contact Laura at LUNSFORD303@gmail.com or 970-398-1183.