November Piecemaker’s Quilting Guild Ornament Making Session
In November you will have the opportunity to learn how to make one (or all) of the following three easy fabric Christmas ornaments! Please be sure to review the supply lists and preparation instructions for each project. Come prepared for each of the projects you would like to make.
Swedish Heart Ornament
- 2 pieces of fabric 6” x 8” – one a print and the other a coordinating solid
- 1 piece of fusible web 6” x 8”
- 12 inches of ¼” ribbon
- Swedish Heart 6” x 8” pattern
- A pair of fabric scissors
- Needle and thread
- Fuse fabrics, wrong side together, using fusible web.
- Trace 2 “capsule shaped pieces” and mark dots. Cut around the outside line.
- Fold in half lengthwise and cut from fold to dots.
In the class you will learn how to weave the “capsules” into a heart and sew on your ribbon holder.
Snowman Pocket Ornament
- Scrap Batting (will be provided)
- Hot glue (will be provided)
- Embroidery Floss
- Needle for floss
- Embellishments such as: buttons, sequins, puffy paint, scrap fabric (or sock) and ‘broomstick’
- Snowman Pattern
- Fabric Scissors
No Preparation Required, just come and have fun!
Woven Danish Star Ornament
- Cotton fabrics in two, or four different colors (fat quarters or larger)
- Safety pin
- Tweezers or skewer (supplied)
- Needle and thread
- Cut 4 strips of fabric 2 ½” wide by 15”-16” long.
- Press fabric strips well with spray starch, let it dry and press well again. Pre-starching helps the final star press nice and flat.
- Fold each strip right sides together the long-way and stitch down the long end with a quarter-inch seam. Backstitch the beginning and end of the strip.
- Use a safety pin to the turn the strips right side out.
- Press the turned strips well with the seam to one side of the strip. Roll the seam back and forth with your fingertips to make sure the seam is well turned out all the way.
In the class you will learn how to weave the strips into a lovely star! See posted directions if you would like a copy.